To strengthen awareness among pre-retirees through partnerships and targeted outreach.
35% of new retirees join NCRGEA within nine months of retirement
Currently, most of NCRGEA’s membership recruitment efforts begin once prospective members have already retired, rather than while they are still employed.
NCRGEA seeks to develop systems and strategies to introduce NCRGEA to people considering retirement (specifically employees who are likely within a year of retirement), before or at the time of their retirement
from a NC government system.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
Deepen Employer Relationships
- At least 100 HR departments in database
showing NCRGEA contact within the past year (beginning Summer 2022).
- Digital communications strategy for HR reps (including targeted info/resources) launched by Fall 2022.
Learn More about Needs of Pre-Retirees
- Launch survey, obtaining at least 250 responses by Fall 2022
- Through survey responses and personal conversations with HR Directors, identify
information and tactics that will best serve pre-retirees and make them most likely to engage with NCRGEA in the future (by Fall 2022)
Leverage Current Members to Recruit
- 500 new members who join NCRGEA through a current member or board referral
each year (beginning Summer 2022)