Father’s Day is a great time to gather the whole family and enjoy a great backyard get-together. And a recipe with a fresh spin on the traditional cheeseburger is something the whole family will enjoy!
These delicious – and adorable – mini-cheeseburgers pull out all the stops for Dad with crisp-cooked bacon, homemade Cajun seasoning and a creamy, ranch dressing drizzle. Pair these burgers with your favorite sides and drinks and celebrate a great time!
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1 pound lean ground beef (for a heart-healthy recipe, swap ground turkey)
1 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
1 tsp. Tabasco
2 slices pepper Jack cheese
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
8 mini hamburger buns or dinner rolls, split
1/4 c. prepared ranch dressing
16 arugula leaves or lettuce of choice
8 Roma tomato slices
4 crisp-cooked bacon slices (or turkey bacon!)
1) Place all Cajun seasonings in a bowl and mix.
2) Place beef, seasoning, hot sauce and garlic in a large bowl and mix. Form the mixture into 8 equal-size patties.
3) Pour oil into a large skillet over medium heat. In batches, place patties in hot skillet and cook until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
4) Quarter the two slices of cheese to make 8 slices and place a slice on top of each burger to melt.
5) Place rolls, split side down, in same skillet and cook until toasted, about 1 minute.
6) Spread the dressing onto the insides of the warm toasted rolls. Layer bottom roll with the lettuce of your choice (arugula is our favorite!), a burger, a tomato slice and a bacon slice cut in half. Close with top roll. 7) These burgers are tall – so be sure to place a pick in each to hold them together.
Makes 8 servings.