As we get through the Dog Days of Summer, this recipe provides a refreshing flavor, healthy nutrients, and a creamy, balanced sauce. The secret weapons that make this dish unique are the teaspoon of Dijon added to the sauce and the juicy segments of tangerine. Thai chili brings a touch of heat, while The fresh crab is augmented with mint, basil, and parsley. Depending on your palate, the Thai chili can bring just the right amount of spiciness.
You can add a crispy bread crumb mixture to go on top, made of bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and lemon zest.
- 8 ounces fresh jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup tangerine segments
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti (from 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti), chilled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 small fresh Thai chili, minced
- 1/4 cup trout roe (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk Dijon, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, sherry vinegar, and salt in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add spaghetti, basil, parsley, mint, and Thai chili to vinaigrette. Stir until the spaghetti is evenly coated.
- Add crabmeat and tangerine segments. Gently stir until well combined.
- Cover and chill 10 minutes.
- (Optional) Garnish with trout roe.
Have a recipe you’d like to share?
NCRGEA is compiling a Digital Holiday Dessert collection of recipes for 2023! If you have a dessert recipe you’d like to share, Submit A Dessert here by October 10, 2023.